[Standards] [STANDARDS] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Thu Mar 15 10:31:37 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-15 10:22, Kozlov Konstantin wrote:
> I don't want to discuss XEP-0393, 'cause the whole idea of using LML in IM
> sounds bad. Flaws if it is obvious, so it's needless to mention them again.

I disagree. Yes it is ugly, but having a widely used LML, such
as Markdown (in contrast to some strange homebrew) in XMPP would
be a pragmatic approach, IMVHO.

Many people know Markdown syntax nowadays, there are parsers for
it in many different programming languages, and we already know
how ugly and illogical it is. Just needs a new XEP :~)

> According to my UX, XEP-0071 functionality mostly used for:

I agree with all your points.