[Standards] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

VanitasVitae vanitasvitae at riseup.net
Thu Mar 15 12:36:50 UTC 2018

I would claim that a huge part of XMPP nowadays happens on mobile devices and I haven't seen a single rich text editor in any mobile application. Thats why I think that markdown is the way to go.

Sending greeting cards in html sounds like an idea from the 90s to me (not saying that it isn't a usecase, I just haven't come across it yet).