[Standards] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Mar 15 13:02:41 UTC 2018

What intrigues me on something markdown ish (albeit probably something
more than Styling currently has to offer) are its limitations.
Particularity no color (that will never work in a federated
environment where you don't know the design language and color scheme
of the receiving application) and the lack of tables and such (tables
will never work if you don't know the size of the displaying device)
If we want to go with something more xml~ish I would prefer to
annotate meaning (headline, importance, et al) instead of the
availibilty of color and absolute font sizes and font family was
something that annoyed me the most in XHTML-IM (despite the security
flaws in the implementations)