[Standards] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Thu Mar 15 15:09:01 UTC 2018

Why would we make the body 393 compatible?

Is it too much to ask from developer to parse a markup tag and style the
string accordingly?!

we talk about max 5 lines of code here

start, end = getTag('emphasis').getAttrs()
string.addStyle('emphasis', start, end)

take this times 5 for the 5 elements 393 supports

thats an approximation
<https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/approximation> but
i dont need much more in GTK/Python3

So i dont really see the reason why i should add some backup body for
clients who dont support that.