[Standards] [STANDARDS] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

Ненахов Андрей andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.ru
Fri Mar 16 16:11:27 UTC 2018

> I agree with not supporting explicit font faces and sizes, also background
> colouring, but text colour can be used to convey useful information. Of
> course this could be abused, but so could many other features.

Sender can't know what color scheme recipient has. It can be light or
dark mode, where colors are inverted. There is no way to make text
look consistently good if it's using various colors, and attempt to
display user-colored text would lead to chat window looking like
Geocities-era websites. No.

--
Ненахов Андрей
Директор ООО "Редсолюшн" (Челябинск)