[Standards] [STANDARDS] XEP-0394: too weak to replace XEP-0071

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Fri Mar 16 16:38:08 UTC 2018

> It could be, but given that this was a feature before and no client ever implemented this
> I don't see why it's something we should suddenly rely on now.

It doesn't have to be relied upon - I suggested a simple solution to the problem of lacking contrast between text and background colours.
Make text colouring optional, and each receiving client is free to ignore it entirely.
Forbidding a feature just because you don't want to use it doesn't seem sensible.