[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sun Mar 18 14:07:03 UTC 2018

Hi

I would like to see a disco feature for the compat mode (4.2).
This way I as a client developer know when it is safe to store
bookmarks using this method and this method only without loosing
legacy clients.
Furthermore we'd have something the Compliance Tester can pick up on.

While I see that we don’t want the compat mode to be a MUST I do think
it will be vitally important for the foreseeable feature if we don’t
want to break the ecosystem.

(The vcard<->PEP conversion XEP has a disco feature for similar purposes)

cheers
Daniel