[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious)

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:48:49 UTC 2018

Having implemented 0048 via 0223 earlier this week, I can only applaud an
effort of making the documentation easier to digest. Thanks for this!

I am, however not sold on the idea of having a bookmark-per-item: what
problem is that solving, or what benefit does this give us? I appreciate
how it fits in nicely with the way how pubsub is designed - but in
practice, I suspect that one would easily work with entire sets of
bookmarks anyways. By not splitting up the bookmarks, we wouldn't need a
new namespace, and we can re-use the existing 0048/0049 data structure.
That will improve interoperability, and make adoption easier.

Unrelated: I'd like the XEP to have a "complete" example of a bookmark, one
that includes the room JID. Although the text is clear, having an example
like that will be a useful illustration.

  - Guus