[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious)

Timothée Jaussoin edhelas at movim.eu
Wed Mar 21 07:24:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

Based on the discussion we had on this ML a couple of weeks ago ([Standards] What is the size limit of node and item ids in XEP-0060:
Publish-Subscribe? https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2018-March/034410.html).

I see that this XEP define the item ids of the Pubsub nodes this way: "Each item SHALL have, as item id, the Room JID of the chatroom".

Are we sure that the format accepted by item ids follow the same rules as the ones in JIDs (size wise, character encoding wise…)? This
question is also about having other XEPs in the future that can handle items the same way (for example if we define a Pubsub Nodes
Bookmarks XEP).

In a previous XEP that was doing something very similar I simply used a hash to ensure that https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0330.html.

Regards,

Timothée Jaussoin