[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0092: Software Version

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Mar 21 07:46:22 UTC 2018

On 14.03.2018 18:28, Jonas Wielicki (XSF Editor) wrote:
> The XEP Editor would like to Call for Experience with XEP-0092 before
> presenting it to the Council for advancing it to Final status.
>

> During the Call for Experience, please answer the following questions:
>
> 1. What software has XEP-0092 implemented?

Smack supports xep92 (but not xep232).

I'd like to point out that I think xep92's approach is probably better
then the one of the newer xep232 considering ecaps/ecaps2. Mostly
because with xep232 the size of the caps set clients have to deal with
will be much higher.

We possibly should consider deprecating xep232. But then we need to
think about which features of xep232 we possibly want to backport in
xep92, before it becomes final.

I don't think we can discuss the advancement or non-advancement of xep92
without taking xep232 into consideration.

- Florian