[Standards] NEW: XEP-0402 (Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious))

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Wed Mar 28 19:58:07 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 28 mars 2018, 19:18:32 CEST Jonas Wielicki a écrit :
> Version 0.2.0 of XEP-0402 (Bookmarks 2 (This Time it's Serious)) has
> been released.
>
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a syntax and storage profile for keeping a
> list of chatroom bookmarks on the server.
>
> Changelog:
> Remove password element, add examples, update security considerations.
> (jcb)

> Note: The information in the XEP list at https://xmpp.org/extensions/
> is updated by a separate automated process and may be stale at the
> time this email is sent. The XEP documents linked herein are up-to-
> date.

Hi,

OK I'm taking the killjoy role here, but I'm not sure that this kind of
title, or sentences like "On publication of this specification, the XMPP
Registrar will dance a little jig to the tune of the traditional hornpipe
with a tea-cosy upon his or her head." (XEP-0376), while funny I admit,
have their place in XEPs with official numbers – even if experimental –, and
which are planed to be widely deployed.

If I were a first time reader of specs which would like to give a try to
XMPP, I'm not sure how I would consider XSF serious with this kind of
stuff.

Note that I appreciate the work done, and this is not talking about the
content of the spec itself.

OK I can put my red nose again

++
Goffi