[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: IM Routing-NG

Manuel Rubio manuel at altenwald.com
Wed Mar 28 21:12:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was reading XEP-0344 (Impact of TLS and DNSSEC on Dialback). I
understand that's for security connection between two XMPP servers
(S2S).

I understood that IM-NG is a new way to route messages to JIDs with the
same feature activated. Thinking about that, why sending the message to
the bare JID isn't enough?

I mean, at this moment if I connect two clients with the same priority
and send a message to their bare JID, the same message should arrive to
both of them. Why this NG is better?

I think it could be better if instead of NG is RG (Resources Group) or
GoR (Group of Resources). I disagree completely to use something la
"modern" (modern age was betwen 1500 and 1800) or New Generation... if 5
years later you want to create another new generation it will be called
NNG (New New Generation)?

Kind regards.
Manuel Rubio.