[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: IM Routing-NG

Manuel Rubio manuel at altenwald.com
Thu Mar 29 09:02:41 UTC 2018

Hi Evgeny,

El 2018-03-29 07:34, Evgeny Khramtsov escribió:
>> I was reading XEP-0344 (Impact of TLS and DNSSEC on Dialback). I
>> understand that's for security connection between two XMPP servers
>> (S2S).
>
> I meant XEP-0334 (Message Processing Hints) of course, sorry.

I think the most important part of the XEP is the business rules. The
behaviour for chat, groupchat and normal messages is changed. That's not
provided by XEP-0334.

I mean, based on RFC-6121 if I send a message to bare JID, that message
should be dropped. Using this XEP, the message is routed using this
alternative rules and it's delivered to all of the clients supporting
the feature and logged in with the same bare JID.

I saw this XEP isn't compatible with Carbons. So, how is it possible
solve the issue when a user send a message and you want that message
goes to all of the connected users for the same bare JID?

Kind regards.
Manuel Rubio.