[Standards] Council Agenda 2018-05-09

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed May 9 10:58:45 UTC 2018

Folks,

The XMPP Council will be holding it's regular meeting today (Wednesday) at
1500 UTC. The agenda is collated from (in order of reliability):
* Github pull requests marked "Needs Council".
* Trello at https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda
* Random mails from Standards List
* Random suggestions directly to me.

I (try to) send out the final agenda about 24 hours in advance.

Agenda as follows:

INTRO:

1) Roll Call [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roll_Call]

2) I wonder if Tedd Sterr is doing the minutes?

3) Adopt Proposed new XEP: XMPP Connections across HTTPS (HACX)

Title: XMPP Connections across HTTPS (HACX)
Abstract:
This specification defines a procedure to look up various connection
methods for an XMPP server over HTTPS, with a focus on censorship
resistance.

4) XEPs Stuck In Proposed

5) AOB

6) Next Meeting

7) Close

Note that I'm aiming for 30 minutes.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 1500 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom. Meetings are open, and anyone
(XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP Council members may
vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Thanks,

Dave.
(As Council Chair).