[Standards] Thoughts on MIX adoption (and will MIX ever happen?)

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Thu May 10 10:11:29 UTC 2018

Hi Steve,

I’m interested in implementing MIX in aioxmpp and JabberCat. I consider the
model of MUC broken (I’m not going to list the brokenness here) and unfixable
within the existing specification.

MIX is huge, I agree. Splitting the spec seems like a good idea, but it will
not be easy (to split it in a way that clients implementing only Base can
interact (or detect incompatibility) with services implementing more than
Base. If we can get this right, splitting would be tremendously useful.

The splitting point suggested by Daniel (essentially Joining, Leaving and
Messaging, without any presence things) seems like a very good start to me.

kind regards,
Jonas