[Standards] Update to MIX 0.9.7

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:09:04 UTC 2018

Thu, 10 May 2018 11:46:10 +0100
"Steve Kille" <steve.kille at isode.com> wrote:

> Sometimes the nature of problems does not lend itself to short
> specification.    The basic PubSub and MIX concepts are simple.
> However, there is a lot of devil in a lot of details that needs to be
> addressed.     Ending large is not a goal, but is often a consequence
> of addressing real world problems.

Philosophic discussions aside, can you please tell what we're missing
from the use case mentioned by Jonas:

> essentially Joining, Leaving and Messaging, without any presence things

Why we cannot use a pubsub node for this? The main argument I
recall is that you cannot identify a sender, but this is not true,
because we have a 'publisher' attribute. Another argument is that we
cannot make it anonymous, but I think anonymous publishing should be a
separate extension in the first place. We have some ability to set
metadata, we have simple ACL configuration. So what details do we need
to address?