[Standards] Update to MIX 0.9.7

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu May 10 11:39:54 UTC 2018

On 10 May 2018 at 12:09, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > essentially Joining, Leaving and Messaging, without any presence things
>
> Why we cannot use a pubsub node for this?

XEP-0060 takes a message protocol and builds a pubsub service on top.

You're suggesting that MIX should build a message service on top of this?

The problem, in my eyes, is that we have existing, well-defined, handling
for the concepts of "messages" and "presence", and I would hate to have to
deal with these entirely differently for group chat compared to for 1:1
chat.

There are always going to be differences, of course (short of forcing every
1:1 conversation into a  2-person groupchat, which has its own unique
problems), but it makes sense to me to minimize these, and reuse existing
handling wherever possible.

Dave.