[Standards] Disappearing timers for OMEMO proposal

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu May 10 12:24:47 UTC 2018

> In federated environment you can't control what client is used
> by remote party, and if it really does delete messages after timer expires.

True, but it would still be a useful in a situation where you trust
the other parties
(e.g. non-federated setup where you know which clients are being used).
And even in a non-federated environment, you can't be sure that the
other side doesn't
retain your messages, so there's always trust involved.

I don't see why a XEP for data retention hints needs to be tied to
other XEPs like
OMEMO, though.

Remko