[Standards] Disappearing timers for OMEMO proposal

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Thu May 10 13:07:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-10 14:31, VanitasVitae wrote:
> I'd also rather not tie it to OMEMO. The same principle of disappearing messages could also be applied with other crypto in mind, or even no crypto at all. Remember, this functionality is not designed to give you any (serious) security improvements. Its rather a function which teenagers find neat and which was implemented in Signal for some reason.

D'accord with not coupling ephemeral messages to encryption.
I would find it especially practical for unimportant messages with friends.
We just don't want all the nonsense cluttering our archives.
No need to check other sides client for that feature, of course.
It's their problem if they really like to store the noise.

Cheers