[Standards] Update to MIX 0.9.7

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Thu May 10 21:16:59 UTC 2018

[Steve Kille]

All this is doing is allowing you to create channels with mandatory presence.   If you want a channel that has optional presence this is fine (and the default)

> > 5.  6.3 (Ensuring Message Delivery) describes an important function
> > for MIX.
> > The detailed approach has issues, which Florian Schmaus flags.   Jonas
> > Wielicki also flagged the issues in Feb 2017.   I am replacing this
> > section
> > with a reference to a (yet to be written) XEP.    Rationale:
> >     - We clearly do not have the spec right
> >     - Reliable message delivery seems like a generic capability that
> > could be used elsewhere.
>
> I still considere that XEP-0199 (ping) fits better than use "markable"
> that is confusing because of the use of the same tag in XEP-0333 (chat markers).
> It's not needed to write a whole new XEP for that IMO.

[Steve Kille]

This is not straightforward.    Lets try the separate XEP.    If it comes out really short and is not useful anywhere else, we can consider folding it back in

Steve