[Standards] MIX and ProxyJIDs

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Thu May 24 13:56:35 UTC 2018

Manuel,

The problem here is not messages or privacy, but how to identify a user in
presence.

The hack that MUC uses to identify they user by putting the sender's nick in
the resource is something we REALLY want to avoid in MIX.

Presence has to come from the MIX domain, so you cannot use the sender's
JID.     Proxy JID lets you represent the sender in a JID that comes from
the domain.

Steve