[Standards] MIX and ProxyJIDs

Manuel Rubio manuel at altenwald.com
Thu May 24 14:21:03 UTC 2018

Hi Steve,

actually I never say anything about presence, we are not using presence
at all. I'm talking about the messages and the "mix" tag inside.

Anyway, about presence I can see this in the MIX-PRESENCE XEP regarding
the information inside of the pubsub#event you can receive:

<items node='urn:xmpp:mix:nodes:presence'>
   <item id='123456#coven at mix.shakespeare.example/UUID-x4r/2491'>
     <presence xmlns='jabber:client'>
       <show>dnd</show>
       <status>Making a Brew</status>
     </presence>
   </item>
</items>

In this case, I can see the ID as the proxyJID inside of the packet.
With the new configuration and keeping in mind you said the "from" will
be the Proxy-JID, you can change the ID for the item tag to use the
real-JID or add the "jid" attribute to include the real JID.

Kind regards.
Manuel Rubio.