[Standards] Presence Handling

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Thu May 24 15:25:43 UTC 2018

Manuel,

[Steve Kille]

The data you show here is the format of the presence PubSub node.

Presence is sent out using standard presences messages, so there is nowhere to put the ID.

One choice we could make in MIX is to distribute presence using a new mechanism.   We can still use standard presence to communicate TO a MIX channel.

The obvious "new" mechanism would be PubSub.   If you were to distribute MIX presence using PubSub, we could remove proxy JIDs from MIX Core.

This seems like quite a big change, so I'd like some wider input.

Steve