[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Best practices for GDPR compliant deployment of XMPP

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Fri May 25 08:00:08 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-25 09:13, Winfried Tilanus wrote:
> Beside that informative XEP, I (or a group of people willing to do so)
> publish an own document discussing XMPP & the GDPR in detail.

Having XEPs explaining best practices for

 - retrieving all data belonging to one user
 - removing all data of a particular user
 - agreeing to terms of service and withdrawing again
 - etc.

is certainly needed by many people in an outside the EU.
It is not necessary to even mention GDPR in those XEPs.

Informal documents (even blogs) could then link the XEPs to GDPR
or other, similar laws.

Just my 2€¢.