[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2018-11-14

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Nov 22 17:04:07 UTC 2018

Am Do., 15. Nov. 2018 um 20:41 Uhr schrieb Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com>:

> 3) Advance XEP-0357 (Push Notifications) to DRAFT - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0357.html
> Kev: [on-list]
> Sam: [on-list] (don't really have the necessary background knowledge for a good opinion)
> Georg: -1 (high priority topic hasn't been addressed; but really liked the stripped stanza proposal)
> Daniel: [pending]
> Dave: [pending]

-1
This is not to say this isn’t need but it just isn’t ready yet. We
need a clever to way to sort out the priority issue.

> 4) Advance XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs) to DRAFT - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0359.html
> Georg thinks the current status quo of hard-coding "you have a new message" into the server module is non-ideal; has submitted some feedback and would like to see it addressed, but won't block on that basis.

Yeah I really would like to get the message id == origin id in there.
Or get rid of the origin id entirely

If we get rid of the origin-id and only keep using the stanza-id then
I don’t see the upside of this over archive-id

We can discuss this more broadly and then advance this later.

-1

> Kev: [on-list]
> Sam: +0
> Georg: [on-list]
> Daniel: [pending]
> Dave: [pending]

+1

> 6) PR #693 - XEP-0060: Remove unused 'node' attribute on pubsub#event item - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/693
> Kev: [on-list]
> Georg: [on-list]
> Sam: +0 (not confident enough with pub-sub to review it, no matter how many times I re-read it)
> Daniel: [pending]
> Dave: [pending]

+1