[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs)

Ненахов Андрей andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.ru
Mon Nov 26 10:00:12 UTC 2018

пн, 26 нояб. 2018 г. в 14:48, Georg Lukas <georg at op-co.de>:
> If your client is using them to associate message reflections, I am sure
> you can make them unique client-side, right? So just because it's not
> REQUIRED is not an argument to make it work?

Our client can make them unique, no problem. But if our server is
connected by a client that does not make them unique, it'll likely
function improperly. (We've seen clients that just counted message ids
from 1 on every restart. Don't recall which one though, was a long
time ago) So we preferred to stick with a XEP that explicitly states
what we need.

--
Ненахов Андрей
Директор ООО "Редсолюшн" (Челябинск)