[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs)

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 26 11:01:18 UTC 2018

* Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> [2018-11-25 23:43]:

If XEP-0359 support is announced for <user at example.org>¹, the XEP should
mandate stripping of your example <stanza-id/>:

	<stanza-id by='user at example.org' id='...'>

The XEP should not mandate (i.e., the client cannot rely on) the server
to also sanitize any of following <stanza-id/>s unless XEP-0359 support
is also announced for them:

	<stanza-id by='example.org' id='...'>
	<stanza-id by='other-user at example.org' id='...'>
	<stanza-id by='talk at rooms.example.org' id='...'>

As far as I can see, that's what XEP-0359 is currently doing.  Georg
suggested changing this, and I disagreed with such a change.

Holger

¹ By including the 'urn:xmpp:sid:0' and/or 'urn:xmpp:mam:2' features
  with disco#info responses.