[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0357 (Push Notifications)

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Oct 2 15:03:16 UTC 2018

On Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018 16:08:23 CEST Ненахов Андрей wrote:
> Could someone please explain logic behind XSF workflow? 'Inactivity'? How
> exactly do you measure that, no updates to XEP?
>
> We use XEP-0357 to send notifications to Xabber iOS, Web and Android, and
> it's kinda not ok for it to be just gone for no reason.

Deferred is, like Sam says, an indicator that nobody has updated it in the
last 12 months.

We announce this loudly so that if there are lots of people using it in the
current form, they can step up and say "hey, we’re using this, it can be
advanced" or "hey, we’re using this, it needs this and that fix by the way"
etc.

kind regards,
Jonas