[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0357 (Push Notifications)

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Oct 2 17:33:05 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, at 11:59, Ненахов Андрей wrote:
> However, we do transmit account UUID in push notification, because a
> client might often have more than one XMPP account, and it is a bad
> idea to wake up all of them and check for content updates.

Why is that? The radio is already awake (since you're downloading updates for the account that got a notification) so it seems like you might as well grab all your updates while you know you're already in a battery-consuming state instead of ending up in a situation where the radio goes back to sleep and then immediately has to be put back in high-power mode by another account (that might have otherwise already received the update if you downloaded them all at once).

—Sam