[Standards] DEFERRED: XEP-0357 (Push Notifications)

Ненахов Андрей andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.ru
Tue Oct 2 17:58:29 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018, 22:33 Sam Whited, <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, at 11:59, Ненахов Андрей wrote:
> > However, we do transmit account UUID in push notification, because a
> > client might often have more than one XMPP account, and it is a bad
> > idea to wake up all of them and check for content updates.
>
> Why is that?

Learned from practice. If you have more than 2 accounts there is a big
chance you won't be able to load new message on account that sent
notification. With content update iOS lets application to run up to 30
seconds before it is forcibly unloaded from memory, that's not really much.
Also, 30 seconds timer often runs out much sooner - the shortest we've seen
was like 12 seconds.