[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2010-10-10

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Oct 12 20:14:18 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, at 13:53, Florian Schmaus wrote:
> Instead of changing all existing XEPs, can't we
> 1. change the xep.xsl so that XEPs can select either the current or the
> new proposed "Requirements Conformance" text (defaulting to the current)
> 2. switch the xep-template.xml to use the new one?

It will likely never happen for most XEPs if we do this. If we just update to the new language it's not likely that we'll cause any problems, and in the worst case even if we find one or two that were using lowercase language, I can't imagine that anyone would happen to implement them incorrectly because they read the new language and don't think they have to take a "must" or a "should" seriously.

—Sam