[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2010-10-10

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sun Oct 14 14:37:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018, at 06:17, Dave Cridland wrote:
> All that said it was fashionable a few years back to treat the RFC 2119
> keywords as case-insensitive; I personally think this caused much more
> trouble than it could possibly have solved.

FWIW, this isn't entirely hypothetical. I can't remember what the situation was, but I made this PR because I was discussing a requirement with someone and they were using an RFC 2119 interpretation where it wasn't required, or were confused about how to use them in their protoxep, etc.

If the person I was talking too remembers who they are or what the situation was, it may be helpful for you to mention it here :)

—Sam