[Standards] Council Voting Summary 2019-08-18

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Tue Aug 20 12:02:27 UTC 2019

* Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com> [2019-08-18 23:00]:
> PR #806 - XEP-0060: Add pubsub#public in Publish-Subscribe features - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/806

-0. I agree that this is a useful addition, but technically it belongs
into the registry in https://xmpp.org/registrar/disco-features.html and
not into 0060; or maybe both, because it modifies behavior. The behavior
modification is also something that demands a feature so that clients
can know whether they can count on the flag being used. Also what Dave
said regarding default values.

> PR #808 - XEP-0045: Add Tags configuration and metadata - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/808

-0. It _might_ make sense to have yet another way to describe a MUC,
besides of JID, name, description and subject, but I'd like to see a
strong rationale for that. Besides, I'd prefer to have user-defined
tags, akin to roster groups, that can be assigned to MUCs as well, and I
think having both would make for a horribly convoluted UX.

> PR #805 - XEP-0060: Add a pubsub#rsm disco#info feature to clear confusion - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/805

+1. I'd prefer to use `pubsub+rsm` and not `pubsub#rsm` (similar to
+notify, and to make `disco#items+rsm` look less ugly), but this is not
a hill I'm going to die on.

Georg