[Standards] Council Voting Summary 2019-08-18

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Aug 20 15:58:04 UTC 2019

On Dienstag, 20. August 2019 10:34:22 CEST Dave Cridland wrote:
> > *PR #808 - XEP-0045: Add Tags configuration and metadata* -
> > https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/808
> > Dave: [pending]
> > Georg: [on-list]
> > Jonas: +1
> > Kev: [pending]
> > Link: [on-list]
>
> I think I'm -1 on this. I don't think that having tags is a bad idea, in
> and of itself, but I'm concerned with adding more stuff to XEP-0045.
>
> In general, I think that tagging in this "dumb" way is probably never going
> to be enough, and a more considered approach might be better.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm open to having my mind changed on this.

As someone in favour of this, what do you consider "dumb" about this?

In any case, I agree that putting this in the respective registries would be
better, but as things stand at the moment, we don’t have a functioning
registry process. And I'm also not convinced that making this a separate XEP
would be a good idea in general.

Adding this to XEP-0045 does not hurt, IMO.

kind regards,
Jonas