[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Character counting in message bodies

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Sat Dec 21 10:42:35 UTC 2019

пт, 20 дек. 2019 г. в 20:34, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net>:

> I think we've just conclusively proven it does get changed during sending.
> We certainly cannot rely on it not being changed, since absolutely nothing
> in XML or XMPP prevents it being changed.

If you form the stanza according to the standard before sending, it does
not need changing on server side. So far we have exactly zero issues with
our way of counting characters, on any servers. We also have a strict XML
document sent to the server, where referenes are pointing to position
within it, not to some abstract representation of content.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ