[Standards] DOAP files for XMPP implementations

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Sat Jul 27 15:44:37 UTC 2019

Hello,

During the last sprint in Lyon[1] we worked on finishing the DOAP
proposal I sent to this list two years ago[2].

With now a few clients having written and published a DOAP file, it
feels like the right time to aggregate them on xmpp.org and start using
it in our projects.

I have made a pull request[3] towards that, so implementations can start
advertising their DOAP URL during renewal.  It may become a requirement
for further renewal at a later point, but this is entirely experimental
for now.

Comments welcome. :)

[1] https://bouah.net/2019/07/new-sprint-new-goodies/#doap-description-of-a-project
[2] https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2017-August/033123.html