[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Reactions

Ненахов Андрей andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.ru
Wed Jul 31 16:19:33 UTC 2019

The fallback to message reactions is no reactions. If a user is using
a legacy client, message reactions will likely flood his messenger.
Fallback *could* be done via quote of a previous message an appended
reaction symbol. But it should not be done at all.

ср, 31 июл. 2019 г. в 21:00, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net>:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 16:43, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:

>> > Right, I am very on board with using Experimental for this. I have a very
>> > strong opinion on the "how" though.
>> >
>> > Please, let us, right from the start, add a legacy body in all
>> > implementations. This will let us gauge how much it really affects legacy
>> > implementations *much* better than not doing so. Remember, without the legacy
>> > body legacy implementations will not see anything; they might not notice
>> > they’re missing anything. On the other hand, if the legacy body is in fact
>> > harmful, we will actually get that feedback and can work on how to improve it,
>> > possibly by removing it altogether.
>>
>> As an extension of the long debate in Council a moment ago, I’m very much opposed to adding a body fallback to these - I think it’s actively harmful for multiple reasons (mentioned there).
>

> HELLO I AM REACTING WITH A THUMBS UP EMOJI PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR MUA SO YOU CAN SEE MY REACTION WHICH IS A THUMBS UP EMOJI BY THE WAY DID I MENTION THAT THANKS
>

>> /K

Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ
https://redsolution.com