[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Reactions

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Jul 31 17:21:47 UTC 2019

On 15.07.19 17:57, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) wrote:

> Title: Message Reactions
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a way for adding reactions to a message.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

There is a debate whether or not clients should include a fallback body
to the reactions they send with a lot of arguments in favour or against.
Unfortunately I find it sometimes hard to get an overview of all the
arguments exchanged in a mailing thread, and thus I decided to start a
little experiment to find out if we are able to come up with a
collaborative pro and con list:

https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XEP-Remarks/XEP-xxxx:_Message_Reactions#Fallback_Body

Feel free to add your arguments here. I currently see nothing which
speaks against adding a fallback body ;)

- Florian