[Standards] Stanza Content Encryption

Ivan Vucica ivan at vucica.net
Wed Jun 19 11:15:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 01:04:07PM +0200, Kim Alvefur wrote:
> Feature negotiation doesn't work becasue since the introduction of
> Carbons and MAM you no longer have any idea which clients will receive
> anything you sendwhich will receive anything you send.

When is it that you could determine which features to use, considering you could
send a <message/> to a barejid, resulting in message getting delivered to
multiple clients?

Or given you could send a message that would end up getting offline-stored?

Was I wrong in thinking feature negotiation is more important for <iq/>? :-)