[Standards] SIMS issues

Sergey Ilinykh rion4ik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:46:02 UTC 2019

Hi

I mostly implemented SIMS in Psi and see next problems

1) The requirement for top-level reference element looks strange.
   In Most of the case when I want to share something, I don't want to
refer to anything.
   If I really want to have a reference I would add it inside of
<media-sharing>.

2) Top-level reference doesn't state what has to be in "uri" which is
required

3) Seems like only one <media-sharing> element is allowed while it's quite
common to share multiple files at once with just one description. Sending
each shared file via separate stanza doesn't look to be a good option since
servers often limit sending rate and separate stanzas somehow corrupt
logical scope.

4) I want to use SIMS for voice messages but there is no any metadata for
audio.
   I need at least duration and amplitude diagram there. Something like
following would be really
   nice to have:
   <audio>
      <tune xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/tune'>tune data here</tune>
      <spectrum coding="u8">0,3,135,237,210,195,243,137,...,4,4,1</spectrum>
   </audio>

Best Regards,
Sergey