[Standards] XMPP Compliance Badges, prototype feedback requested.

Maxime Buquet pep at bouah.net
Sun Jun 23 23:47:27 UTC 2019

On 2019/05/23, Guus der Kinderen wrote:
> There's an effort under way to have developed visual badges associated to
> the XMPP Compliance Suites.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of Compliance Suite the way it is
currently, and I'm waiting for that magical answer (maybe, maybe not)
that was mentioned during a council meeting some time ago[0].

> To my knowledge, three variants of badges are under development:
>
>    - https://op-co.de/tmp/xmpp-compliance-badges/
>    - https://bitbucket.org/mrtedd/compliance-badges/src
>    -
>    https://opensourcedesign.net/jobs/jobs/2019-03-19-design-of-badges-for-different-xmpp-compliance-levels
>
> We're looking for feedback on the visual quality and content of these
> prototypes. Anything that will help the authors to improve them, as well as
> for us to eventually choose between them, is highly appreciated.

First of all I think there's too many combinations available with all
the categories, (core, advanced, server/client, web, mobile).

However visually I do like the alternative mray on OSD gave us with the
different colors, I think it's making it easier to differenciate.

I like Tedd's idea of shortening the labels, using "+" (or something
similar).

And I also like that Ge0rG uses different colors for the different
years, even though I don't like these specific colors (especially the
red).

[0]: https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2019-April/036074.html

--
Maxime “pep” Buquet