[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Stanza Content Encryption

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Mon Jun 24 19:52:05 UTC 2019

On 24.06.19 21:44, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> 5. It does not discuss why existing options like xmlsec have not been used.
>
> As mentioned, these aren’t blockers for Experimental for me. I find (1) and
> (5) particularly important before advancement to Draft though.

I'd expect that xmlsec would come up at some point in this discussion
and I definitely think that we should do something like SEC based on
xmlsec. There is no good reason those two XEPs should not co-exist
side-by-side and there are sure users who are willing to pay the price
for xmlsec. But I expect that for some implementations something like
the SEC approach would just be sufficient without having to deal with
the complexity of xmlsec.

- Florian