[Standards] MIX-PAM: private PEP node for joined channels

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Nov 21 15:09:09 UTC 2019

We can probably find solutions for the PubSub delta problem. There might
also be an argument that we should solve this anyway. Normal user archive
(instead of a virtual archive on the pubsub service for example) has
problems if the retention period is not high enough.
I'm not fully convinced that MIX PAM should be blocked by this.

That said I don't want to be overly negative towards putting the channels
into PubSub (I suggested that in the first place.)
If we do, it needs to be properly specified. For example how the access
model looks like (whitelist with the server as the only one on that list
for example). Otherwise it will be very weird on why you can't write
directly to that node. Other node config properties like max items set to
'max' should also be well specified so clients can discover what's going on
with that node even if they don't know about MIX.

Cheers
Daniel