[Standards] Bookmarks 2 extensibility

Evgeny xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 14:31:46 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 5:25 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net>
wrote:
> We put arbitrary namespaced data inside messages and other stanzas
> all the time to no ill effect. Why is putting it inside PEP data
> items so different?

Because I like the approach used when designing ASN.1 schemas (see for
example RFC 5280 (PKIX) or, more simple, RFC 6960 (OCSP)), where you
define "extensions" fields explicitly. And in the case of 'message'
stanzas we kinda have implicit assumption that this stanza has such
"extensions" field where we put whatever we need (speaking in ASN.1
approach).

So actually I like the suggestion of Emmanuel with extensions element.