[Standards] Accessibility implications of XEP-0392 (Consistent Color Generation)

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Wed Oct 16 15:49:48 UTC 2019

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for this extensive feedback. As you might have guessed from the amount
of work we put into the Color Vision Deficiency sections, accessibility is a
real concern for us. It is not easy to get everything right, however, so this
is really valuable. I entirely forgot about the Contrast Ratio issue.

I have the following change proposal: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/845
(pre-rendered version here: https://sotecware.net/files/xeps/xep-0392.html )

Please check if that removes all restrictions which need to be removed to
ensure that clients can compliantly achieve a good contrast ratio.

(note that this PR also addresses other feedback which was given in xsf@)

kind regards,
Jonas