[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020)

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 23 18:41:10 UTC 2019

Hi!

I'm not quite happy with the fact that an advanced mobile client must support push. While I understand the rationale behind this (*cough* iOS *cough*), I dislike the fact that in order to be considered an advanced client, the client MUST depend on a centralized push service (for example Google GCM/Firebase/whatever it is called nowadays).

I can only speak for my own experiences, but I never had issues with battery life without Google services.

Paul