[Standards] Council Voting Summary 2019-10-29

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Wed Oct 30 14:14:09 UTC 2019

2019-10-02 (expired 2019-10-16)
PASSED (-0:1:+4) Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Moderation - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/message-moderation.html

2019-10-09 (expired 2019-10-23)

PASSED (-0:0:+5)
Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Retraction - https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/message-retraction.html
Dave: +1 (willing to be told I'm wrong later)
Georg: +1 (useful addition, and we can figure out the right wire-format; assume actually means <stanza-id> and not <origin-id> from 0359)
Jonas: +1 (what Georg says)
Kev: +1
Link: +1 (useful addition and properly specified)

VETOED (-5:0:+0)
PR #840 - XEP-0060: Clarify unlimited behaviour for node config - https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/840
Dave: -1 (having "-1" or empty seems sane for unlimited, but not novel unicode glyphs)
Georg: -1 (agree with Dave; also don't understand the implied semantics of that value)
Jonas: -1 (text needs to be clearer on the actual value for "use the server limit")
Kev: -1 (for untypable glyphs in particular)
Link: -1 (indicating an arbitrarily high value wouldn't be nice)

2019-10-16 (expiring 2019-10-30)

PASSED (-0:0:+5)
Last Call: XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020) - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0423.html
Dave: +1
Georg: +1
Jonas: +1
Kev: +1
Link: +1

Advance to Draft: XEP-0292 (vCard4 Over XMPP) - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0292.html
Dave: [pending]
Georg: [on-list]
Jonas: [on-list]
Kev: [on-list] (feels like we've done this already)
Link: [on-list] (will have to gather data about what has been done and what should be done)