[Standards] Council Voting Summary 2019-08-06

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Sep 6 14:47:23 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, at 10:08, Kevin Smith wrote:
> I’ve instead submitted a fastening protoXEP that Reactions can use to
> allay my concerns. If that is published, I’m amenable to accepting
> reactions as-is and immediately updating it to use fastening
> (providing we agreed that me doing so was appropriate), or for the
> authors to update pre-publish.

At a quick glance this seems broadly similar to XEP-0367: Message
Attaching, would it be better to just add you as an author and you can
add external payloads to that instead of having yet another XEP that
does the same thing and muddies the waters when people are trying to
figure out what they should use to actually implement a feature?

—Sam

--
Sam Whited