[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Fastening

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Sat Sep 7 13:03:49 UTC 2019

Seems like a copy of XEP-0367 Message Attaching. It also shares the same
problem: no explanation whatsoever on how to fetch these attachments from a
Message Archive in any efficient way. Ideally, we should retrieve a message
from an archive with all its attachments. We should also have some kind of
notification on reconnecting that a previously received message
received/updated an attachment (or attachments) while we were offline.

Without some kind of plan to deal with these issues, any discussion about
attachments will result in half-baked XEP that can only be implemented on
hardcore 'traditional' clients that enjoy a persistent connection.

чт, 5 сент. 2019 г. в 22:53, Jonas Schäfer <jonas at wielicki.name>:

> Title: Message Fastening
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a way for payloads on a message to be
> marked as being logically fastened to a previous message.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ
https://redsolution.com <http://www.redsolution.com>