[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0353 (Jingle Message Initiation)

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Mon Sep 9 07:35:24 UTC 2019

пт, 6 сент. 2019 г. в 12:59, Georg Lukas <georg at op-co.de>:

> * Andrew Nenakhov <andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com> [2019-09-05 09:45]:
> > [..] So we have to
> > operate fully without presence, thus, if a caller rejects a message at
> > the exact moment we fetch an archive, we won't receive <reject/>
> > message in normal XMPP way.
> You can enable Carbons to receive live messages. If you do so before
> fetching MAM, you will receive all messages, just not in the right
> order.

Like I said earlier, to receive carbons we need to post presence. If
we post presence, we'll be loaded with presence information and never
get to fetching anything from an archive, cause the app will be closed
in the background. So, no presence, and no carbons, sorry. That's why
we need that callback loop, cause app has already connected, fetched
<propose/> and has preciously little time to react, and that <iq/> can
work fast and will be delivered back to a client even without
presence.

> > If we had that message attachment XEP it could suit this purpose much
> > better than the current approach.
> You'll be glad to hear of https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/fasten.html
> then.

To make this XEP (or 0367) is viable we need to understand how it will
work with an archive.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ